Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Creations!

Hi everyone!  I keep wanting to blog more but this time of year is soooo busy and thier is just not enough time in the day.

I attended the Grinrod Garlic Festival on Sunday as a vendor.  This was our first time selling garlic at an event like this even though we have been growing it for 20 years.
I wish I would have taken my camera as thier was some amazing garlic and food and of course other artisans with creative goodies. (Next year)

I wanted to share a couple of bracelets I have been working on with anyone who might be interested.
A while back I purchased some metal components from an old ugly brass belt.

I ended up putting a patina on them and adding other goodies along the way and this is what I came up with!



I also patinaed the griphon stamping and chain.


Okay I have no idea why this is sideways and I wish I could turn it but I can't seem to figure it out.
Anyways this is another piece of the belt with a glass eye glued into a brass thing (for some reason I can't remember what you call them but all you jewelry people will know) and forged steel links and the closure.

As you can see it looks a lot nicer when the bracelet is facing you then sideways.
But this is almost the same as the one above only no forged links just a closure.
This is a dragons eye in this bracelet.  (that is what they were called)
I purchased them on etsy last year some time and when I received them I wasn't sure what to do with them but it is funny how time will leed you down the right path:)

Have a Great Day!
                                                                      Love and Peace♥
                                                                           Ingrid

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love how you re-purposed that fabulous brass belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingrid! Those are great. And, you silly goose, those are called bezels. I remember when you kept telling me you didn't make jewelry and didn't want to make jewelry. I would tell you, you know not what you want. Now look at you. Wow! That is fantastic. Keep it up and keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me what they were called hehe! When I was writing the blog I went blank and I just couldn't remember what they were called. Yes I love creating the jewelry it is becoming an obsession. Thanks for the nice feedback Alice and Jean this will really keep me going speaking of I am heading to the basement right now:)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete